Safer Toes, Safer Online shopping
Whether you’re actively seeking new hiking boots for yourself, sandals for the kids, or just seeing enticing ads for shoes, some aspects of online shopping still feel like the wild west. The internet, especially social media, is littered with ads offering amazing deals. These often advertise brands we know and love. But how can we be sure they’re authentic?
Read on to learn where you can buy KEEN shoes, discover safe ways to get the shoes and the deals you want—and how to avoid being taken down the wrong path while shopping online.
GOOD ONLINE SHOPPING HABITS
If you’ve ever been shopping online and see a sale that makes your heart pound and entices you to act without thinking—that is the perfect time to pause and take a moment to consider the age-old question: Is this too good to be true? Sure, KEEN and other stores offer deals throughout the year, but let’s be honest: None of them will be so good that consumers will think we’ve lost our minds. While the majority of ads, including sales ads, are legitimate, there are bad actors online who want to steal your personal and financial information—and what better way to get it than to mimic a brand you trust—and offer you a too-good-to-be-true deal? It’s important to note that, currently, these bad actors have the ability to create websites that look authentic.
By mimicking URLs (i.e. web addresses) and taking photographs from brand’s websites, they can create sites, ads, social media accounts, and more. These fraudulent sites, accounts, and ads can also trick our loved ones, who may forward good deals to us, which we will trust and click-through without double-checking. As such, we all have to be diligent consumers and inform ourselves about safe online shopping habits.
Here are some ways to protect yourself:
1. Do learn how to spot internet fraud. Find out the warning signs of common fraud schemes, including phishing or spoofing, data breaches, and malware.
2. Do know your seller. If you don't know who you're buying from or selling to online, do some research.
3. Don't give out your personal information to anyone you don’t trust. Never provide it in response to an email, a pop-up, or a website you've linked to from an email or web page.
4. Do reach out if you’re unsure. Call the number from the store or retailer’s legitimate website. Tell the customer service representative about ad, website, offer, or sale and ask them to verify it for you.
5. Do update your antivirus software and antispyware programs. Don't keep your computer on all the time. Leaving your computer running all the time will make it more prone to spyware and other attacks from hackers and identity thieves.
Marina Square, #02-158/159 6 Raffles Boulevard Singapore 039594
Paragon, #04-32 290 Orchard Road Singapore 238859
ION Orchard #B2-49A 2 Orchard Turn Singapore 238801
QUESTIONS?If you ever have any questions about an ad you’ve seen or a KEEN website that doesn’t seem right, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the channels below: Email: email@example.com