Outside's Picnic Family Hacks
What happens when you mention the word “picnic”?
If your kiddo screams for joy and grabs their favorite t-shirt, by all means do a little happy dance inside and enjoy supporting their enthusiasm with some rewarding family picnic time! But if, let’s just say, that enthusiasm is NOT being expressed whatsoever, especially as they enter the pre-teen/teen stage (just sayin’), all is not lost. It might just require getting a little creative and upping your snack and activity game.
Here’s the thing: In our experience, once kids are out, they love being out there. So what can you do to make it more fun? We’ve got some tricks down our socks for you.
KEEP IT FUN WITH GAMES
A FEW QUICK GAME IDEAS:
- Make up a picnic song together
- Fly a Kite
- Pitch a tent (We got you with our range of Alps Tent)
INVOLVE SPLASH TIME
- Hybrid trail/water sandals
- Towel (we love those compact microfiber ones)
- Spare outfits for you and the kids. (we recommend lightweight for the adults - Hikerdelic Get Out More Short Sleeve T-shirt)
- Compact Picnic Mats (Outside Picnic Mats)
- Camping Chairs/stools (Some prefers seating on Camping stool/chairs, so why not check our range)
FEED HAPPY ENERGY
- GORP (Good ole raisins and peanuts) but let them help create their own mixture, which is sure to include chocolate
- Finger Foods. Who wouldn't love chicken nuggets!
- Something to warm the belly. Packs sandwiches, hot dogs. Easy to bite food for the tummy.
- Post-hike ice cream or another stop on the way home that celebrates the experience
FAMILY FRIENDLY - OUR PICNIC PLACES RECOMMENDATIONS
- Marina Barrage
- Near Coastal PlayGrove, East Coast Park
- The Meadow at Gardens by the Bay
- Sentosa Beach