International Women's Day - Featuring, Aqaiyah
Aqaiyah, a mother of two and a business owner of a clothing brand @shopwthesisters!
1. Why did you choose those products?
I love a good tote for an easy access to gear throughout the day, moving from the daily grind to weekend!
Nothing tops off an outfit like a bucket hat!
These are the most comfortable sandals for walking long distances, traveling and sightseeing all day!
2. What does International Women's Day mean to you?
It’s about changing the way the world perceives women’s incredible strength.
Raising awareness and encourages others to advocate for gender equality.
3. What challenges have you stereotypically faced, because of your gender?
That Women with children are less devoted to their jobs and even in today’s society, women still gets the short end of the stick when it comes to their professional life.
4. What motivates you to continue doing what you are doing?
My family motivates me. I can always depend on my family for words of encouragement and somehow they always sense when I’m not myself.
5. What women-related myths or taboos need to be broken?
“Women need fixing.”
The way we lead may look different to how men lead. We need to embrace these differences in behaviour.
6. What do you believe can be done to address gender stereotypes?
This myth will fall apart when you change perspective and realise that it’s the system, not the woman, that needs repair.
7. Who is the most inspirational woman in your life?
That would be my mother, my greatest source of motivation and inspiration.
8. Do you have any empowering message you wish to convey to other women who are reading this interview?
Happy Women’s day to all you incredible women. You are beautiful, bold and fierce!
Shine on.... Not just today but everyday!
Power up this Women's Day from 8th to 31st March with 15% off on products exclusively curated for the Everyday Woman out there!
Promotion is available both in stores & online.